The land on which this historic hotel stands was first purchased by Christina Ann Ferguson on 25 September 1883
In 1902 the hotel was developed by Sydney born architect E E Giles who lived locally on East Street
The hotels first licensee was Alfred J Enright from 1902 – 1923 still to this day the longest serving Licensee. We believe the picture below is of the opening of the Hotel.
The Woodbridge Hotel also features on the Guildford ANZAC Trail, having hosted convalescing soldiers including Pt. John Crump, Pt. William Murray Kennedy and Pt. Horace Schofield on the premises between 1916 and 1918.
For information on the ANZAC Trail visit www.guildfordanzacs.org.au/
Woodbridge Hotel 1933
The current owners have been custodians of this historic hotel since 2003. A complete timeline of Licensees can be viewed on a bulkhead inside the main entrance of the hotel.
picture with the timeline of all of the owners still not available